BHAGAWAD RAMANUJACHARYA’S MESSAGES
- Shed your ego. Serve all beings as service to God.
- Serve society which is the universal form of God.
- Nobody is infallible.
- Do not humiliate anyone.
- What is of supreme importance is purity of mind and deed
Born in 1017 CE, at Sri:pe:rumbudur, India, Ra:ma:nu:jacha:rya, is revered worldwide as a Vedic philosopher, social reformer and one of the most important exponents of Sri Vaishnava tradition.
In his 120 year life, travelled across Bharat, understanding the way of life of all sections, at the same time, focusing on individual needs.
Sri Ra:ma:nu:jacha:rya, a spiritual revolutionary
- Brought the treasure of Vedic literature to the doorsteps of the common man.
- Advocated the philosophy of Visista:dvaitha, qualified monism.
- Dispelled the Ma:ya:va:da concept, the world is illusionary.
- Became the preceptor of the Bhakthi movement and the source for all other Bhakthi Schools of thought.
- Was an inspiration for mystic poets like Kabir, Meerabai, Annama:cha:rya, Bhaktha Ra:mdas, Thya:garaja and many others.
- Initiated the concept that Nature and her resources like Water, Air, Soil, Trees etc., are sacred and should be protected from pollution.
Sri Ra:ma:nu:jacha:rya, an erudite scholar
Sri Ramanujacharya wrote 9 scriptures, the Navrathnas.
- Vedartha-Sangraha – A treatise presenting the tenets of Visishtadvaita, a reconciliation of different conflicting srutis.
- Sri Bhashya – A detailed commentary on the Vedanta Sutras. Sri Bhashyam is Sri Ramanuja’s magnum opus, which is the greatest commentary on Bramha Sutras. This monumental contribution was part of the 3 wishes Sri Ramanujacharya fulfilled for His revered master and Guru Sri Yamunacharya, who breathed His last even before meeting Sri Ramanuja in person.
- Gita-Bhasya – A detailed commentary on the Bhagavad-Gita.
- Vedanta-Dipa – A brief commentary on the Vedanta Sutras.
- Vedanta-Sara – Another brief commentary on the Vedanta Sutras meant for beginners.
- Saranagati-Gadya – A prayer of complete surrender to the lotus feet of Lord Srimannarayana.
- Sriranga-Gadya – Manuals of self surrender to Lord Vishnu.
- Shri Vaikuntha-Gadya – Describes Shri Vaikuntha-loka and the position of the liberated souls.
- Nitya-Grantha – A short manual intended to guide the devotees about day to day worship and activities.